Stuff we’ve learned from The Rings of Akhaten (Spoilers!)
So I guess the latest episode didn’t really give a lot of theory fuel, but there were a couple of things that I’ve found interesting:
We now know what does the leaf represent. BUT, what bothered me was that it wasn’t the same leaf. The leaf Clara gave up in the end wasn’t the leaf we’ve seen in the TBoSJ. It’s likely this was just a prop department error, but if it is, I find it a pretty big mistake to make. How hard could it be to have the same friggin’ leaf? ETA: I just realized it wasn’t the same leaf actually, it was her Mum’s leaf, her Mum had her own book. This means, we still don’t know how Clara got her own leaf and how is it ‘page one’.
- More roses, but yeah, that’s starting to be really common at this point.
- Clara’s dad almost got hit by a car. Another Rose connection? What if he was supposed to get hit by the car, hence Clara would have never been born? Did the Doctor do something, unknowingly, to make Ellie save Clara’s father? Maybe Clara never should have existed in the first place?
- The missing “16” is also explained, I guess. Clara had a really bad year, with her mother dying, so writing down the age in the book was probably the last thing on her mind.
- The TARDIS doesn’t like Clara. She didn’t like Jack either, because he’s impossible, just like Clara is. So Clara could be some sort of a paradox, even though she has no clue about it? OR, she’s ‘not right’ in some other way, meaning someone could be using her to lure the Doctor into a trap?
- The Doctor gave the Grandfather his memories. But it seems you don’t really forget anything really? He seemed pretty much normal afterwards.I still believe the Doctor is forgetting who he is, way back from the Asylum episode.
- Also, in TBoSJ, the Doctor says he’s 1,100 years old, while in A Town Called Mercy he said he is 1,200 years old. Is he confused about his age because he’s forgetting who he is? Is he simply lying? Maybe he just can’t keep track of it. OR, a lot more time has passed than you’d think before he decided to go back for the Ponds to have more adventures with them?
- Clara mentions her house looks different. I take that meaning after the adventure she’s just had, her normal life and her house now look different - nothing strange about that. But the leaf was different too. Does that mean anything at all? The Doctor looked worried at the end of the episode.
Any thoughts, guys?